10/11/2010

Delicious Quinoa Salad (My own version)


This quinoa salad is so good I could literally eat it all day long. I had this salad this weekend and it was the main food item I ate. I overlooked the sloppy joes and other salads and just focused on this salad because it is that good. I decided to change the recipe a little, so I added chopped baby spinach and extra lime juice for an added kick. This salad is served chilled out of the fridge and is so nutritious you will not believe how something so good could be that good for you. Quinoa is a grain and when cooked is rather fluffy and easy to work with. It is very high in protein and amino acids and has TONS of vitamins and nutrients. You will feel great after eating it. It has a mild flavor and is perfect anytime of the year. You can purchase quinoa at almost anywhere. I purchased a big bag for at Costco.


Delicious Quinoa Salad

1 c. uncooked quinoa
2 c. chicken broth
a handful of fresh chopped baby spinach
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 half of an onion, chopped
1 small/medium sized cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c. red wine vinager
1 garlic cloves, minced
2 T. lime juice
1 T. olive oil

Cook quinoa in chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and then simmer, covered. When quinoa is cooked, it will be light and fluffy and liquid will be absorbed. Pour quinoa into a large bowl and set aside. Next, combine all the veggies together and toss veggies into quinoa. Add minced garlic cloves to red wine vinager and pour over quinoa and veggies. Add lime juice and olive oil and then cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)