9/01/2011

Alkalining your Body and The Rotation Diet

I have so much to learn still about the science of food combining and balance. In my previous post back in May, I wrote about the alkaline diet and how alkaline foods need to be balanced with more acidic foods. I decided to redo this post and delete the previous post because I realized I was sending wrong information out. I will blame that on a book I read in which I took out of context due to misinterpreting information. Here is what I have learned that has more truth behind it according to research.
First of all, the body, (unless it has celiac (allergy to gluten) or some food allergy) needs to have a diet rich in all foods, rotated throughout the week. I have learned that extreme dieting is not good for anyone (unless your doctor specifies it's okay). Eating the same food daily without being properly balanced with fruits and veggies, will create a body too high in acid, which can lead to disease. No germ, parasite or virus can really survive in a alkalined body, and the body does have reserves to fight off too much acid when person doesn't eat enough alkaline. But when the body becomes weak and depleted of its reserved preserves, then acid can rule the body and then sickness or disease can occur. So, a rule that I like to follow and keep simple is too just make sure I am not eating an over-abundance of the same food day after day. Here is a sample of a eating protocol I like to follow in this rotation diet.
Day 1 Wheat and meat
Breakfast: whole grain, high fiber flourless bread such as Ezikial bread, with almond butter, oatmeal, and fruit smoothie drink.
Lunch- organic turkey meat with goat cheese, avocado, sprouts, and tomato on spelt flour tortilla with carrots and apple/celery
Snack-apples and goat cheese together, chips and salsa, yogurt with pro-biotics, veggie drink
Dinner-Speghetti with meat and whole wheat pasta
Day 2 Rice and Corn with a little meat or none at all
Breakfast- rice or corn cereal, fruit and eggs
Lunch, Salad with black beans and rice in place of meat
Snack- apples, carrots, rice crackers and hummus
Dinner- chicken enchiladas made with corn tortillas, or veggie and tofu stir fry with rice
Day 3 Soups and easy digestables
Breakfast- apple sauce, cream of wheat with soft, heated berries, yogurt
Lunch- Soup of your choice
Snack, protein smoothie, fruit smoothie, or carrot juice
Dinner- mashed potatoes and gravy, cooked grean beans or other veggie.
Dessert- chocolate protein smoothie
Day 4- Back to wheat and meat of your choice (include alkaline veggies throughout the day)
Day 5 Back to rice and corn
Day 6 back to soups and easy digestables
Day 7 back to wheat and meat.
Hope this is helpful for some who don't understand the rotation diet. It is difficult to do unless you keep track and plan meals. If you want to give this a try, it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)