3/12/2013

My Top Ten Favorites

Who doesn't love to share all their favorite things. I have accumulated so many favorites over the past year that I thought to share. Here's the list 1. Sonoma Brand Teff Flour Tortillas. I love these tortillas. I have bought so many packages over the past year that I am suprised I have not grown sick of them. Made out of teff and millet flour instead of wheat flour, they are the perfect way (and healthier may I add) version to the classic flour tortilla. Made of all natural ingredients and great fiber too. You can find these at most health food stores. I have bought mine for the cheapest price (4.00 for a package of 6) at Good Earth. 2. Coconut Flour- I use this in place of traditional refined white flour for almost all baking purposes. I have made fantastic coconut flour chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies, pancakes, breads (including banana chocolate chip) and pizza crust. There are endless ways to use this flour. Benefits outweigh refined white flour. This flour is very high in fiber and other nutrients you just can't get from refined white flours. 3. Moccasins- I love fringe moccasins. I own two pairs which include boots and a bootie. I know owning one pair is probably enough, but I love them too much, and they are so comfortable. Minnetonka brand is the best. 4. Stripes- I love anything with nautical stripes. I have at least three or four dresses and about three shirts. I have a strong feeling that strips are going to become the new trend this year. 5.Dark Chocolate- My favorite brand is Lindt and my newest obsession is the new sea salt and almond dark chocolate. I love my chocolate strong up to 85% dark. 6. Oranges, pineapple and watermelon- Must be a pregnancy thing because I constantly want these fruits. 7. Cafe Rio- I could eat there every single day if I could. That place makes me so happy. Just the thought of eating there brightens my day. My favorite is the pork salad. I really believe that one can sell their soul for that salad. 8. Bandanas- I love these things. So cheap and full of a variety of colors. I love how their are so many ways to wear them, including as headwraps. My bassett used to wear a red and pink one all the time around his neck. 9. Dried fruit- I love eating dried fruit, especially mangos. Having a food dehydrator really helps save money. Dried fruit is great as a candy replacer and it really helps with a sweet tooth. 10. Spring and Sun- I am so over winter. I love the sun, I love spring, and I just wish it would last forever.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)