4/02/2013

Did You Pay It Forward Today?

I have been thinking about ways to always make a difference and contribution to society. How to make it a better place? Yesterday, as I saw a homeless man on the corner of Walmart, I watched another car pull up and offer him a meal. I decided, I can do that too. So I bought him a small snack inside the store and handed him a grocery bag of the items. The gratitude he gave me over something so small was priceless. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside that something I could take for granted, was certainly not taken for granted by this man. Little things we do can add up. Just as I saw someone pull up and offer this man food, can example someone else to do that same, as it did for me. I hope someone saw me do that small act of kindness and want to follow the lead. While I don't believe in handing out money, I do believe handing out loving gestures of kind words or something tangible like food, can make a big impact on someone in need. I feel this way when I do visiting teaching as well. I love making another sister's day become better just by offering a kind word. Let's all strive to make this world a better place.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)