11/21/2013

6 months old

Today is a huge celebration. We have reached our half year mark. It's been hard. I don't want to be dramatic or complain, but I haven't had the easiest baby. We are still unable to go many places and I still struggle going to church. As of about one week ago, she finally began taking longer naps. At about 3.5 months, she began taking short cat naps up to 30 minutes. Just enough for me to get a few things done and maybe sleep a little. She also began waking up every hour on average all through the night. She still wakes frequently at night, but it's not every hour and she is starting to finally take naps up to two hours long. Wow!! She has reached her milestones well. She is sitting up but has some balancing issues, she scoots everywhere, and she is starting to get into everything. Her personality is very strong willed and determined. She is not mellow, but rather very fiesty and very alert. She is well aware of her surroundings and recognizes people now. She has started on solids as of a month ago. I have been pureeing my own baby food and she has tried pumpkin, peaches, squash, apple, and sweet potato. We are introducing her to other greens as well. She has also tried organic brown rice cereal. We think it may cause her some tummy and constipation issues so we are going to stop the rice for a few days and try oatmeal instead. Overall, she is doing well. We love her and she definitely keeps us busy. There are days I am very exhausted, but I try to remind myself to slow down. My house does not have to be perfectly clean every second. I don't have to have makeup on or my hair done everyday. And there are days that it's okay to stay in my pajamas. I am trying to remind myself that it's okay. Here is to 6 more months of new developments from scooting to crawling, from crawling to walking and from walking to talking. I also wanted to through in a picture of me when I was about five months and my mom. Wow, time has sure gone by fast.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)