9/24/2015

Yoga For Life

I am not one who really enjoys working out at a gym. Treadmills bore me as well as other cardio machines. I've been going to the gym religiously, but I don't really enjoys it. What I do enjoy is yoga. I've been doing it off and on for 6 years, but the last few months, I cant seem to go a day without it. After having my baby, I began to feel stiff and achy in my back. Bending over to diaper change or give baths didn't help. Yoga is amazing. I feel my flexibility returning. Yoga just tops my day. In addition to walking a few miles every other day, I feel I am finally returning back to my pre-baby body. It is awesome. After class today, I took sunny out for yogurt, her favorite thing ever. I thought about going into Ulta, but buying makeup has led to lots of buyers remorse. The last year, I have not been happy with my makeup choices. The mascara I choose is always too clumpy and dry, the eye shadow I have chosen is just all wrong, and my eye liner is way too hard. It just doesn't go on smoothly. So I decided to give makeup buying a long rest. I don't wear makeup except on Sundays anyway, so all is fine and dandy. Sunny did a bit of art at her grandma's house and then we came home and I decided to get dinner planned. Today was that day I didn't know what to make. Rodney suggested Chicken Parmassan, so I headed to walmart to get the ingredients. When I got there I saw a big Pioneer Woman Collection of kitchen gadgets and nearly died. I love this woman. Her recipes, her personality, her taste in clothes, everything. I hope they add more seasons on netflix. So because I love her, I bought a beautiful floral pitcher. I plan to store my wooden spoons or sunflowers in it. My VT's are the sweetest. Terri and Allison brought over these treats while I was gone. Yum, turned out great. Even better, Sunny went to bed at 7:30 tonight. That is rare. Rodney and I are now watching some netflix, enjoying our treats and relaxing. A great day ! A few words of wisdom for today are, Think positive thoughts in your mind and block all negative. Negativity brings in dark energy the body doesn't need. Each time a negative thought enters the mind, erase it by thinking of a bright color, a rainbow, or a flower.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)