3/27/2016

Don't Hide That Bump

This is a bit of a random post, but it's been on my mind a lot lately. I needed to write this down.

Last time I was pregnant, I hate to admit, but I did try to hide my growing bump. I wanted to be pregnant for so long, and then when it happened, I tried to hide it with baggy clothing.  Why, Amy, why?

It's so complex. I can't even begin to describe why?  But when I was pregnant with Sunny, I never wore anything that accentuated my stomach, unless around the house.  I often would walk around with my purse over my stomach to try to hide it. When I did go to the store, ward functions, work, etc, I wore anything to deflect notice to my stomach.

Having a baby shower scared me. I did not want one to be honest.

Pregnancy is a wonderful, beautiful thing. It's a miracle.  I decided that this time around, I would take on a different approach. No more hiding from what God blessed me with. This time around, I will celebrate and walk with confidence.  After all, I am a daughter of God. I can't live my life bothered of what others may think.  What about my own feelings.  Nobody should live that way.

It all sounds very silly in the end, but I have a huge sensitivity towards women struggling to get pregnant.  I've been there!

I understand that some infertile people feel pain when they see a pregnant woman.  That is completely natural and expected.  A huge part of why I tried to conceal my bump with Sunny, was out of worry I was hurting someone.  I don't like to hurt anyone. Every once in awhile, I would see a woman alone, glancing at me, then walking away. I wondered if I caused her pain, or if I was a reminder of what she wanted, but couldn't seem to have.

Now, my new approach is to walk tall, stand tall, as the daughter of God we are. Pregnant or not, we all deserve that walk of confidence. If people don't smile, turn the other cheek and continue to maintain that confidence.

Pregnancy is such a short chapter in one's life. Embrace it and love it!




Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)