12/24/2016

A Year In Review & Extreme Gratitude





This year went so fast.
                This view is from my living room

I was going through old photos as I was searching for lost driver's licences *I lost my husband's and my license and the search is non ending.

Anyway, I realized as I looked at Christmas photos, that 2014 was the last time we had a family Christmas photo. Getting a family picture with us all is just plain hard. I gave up long ago. I do like this photo though. Sunny was 19 months and never sat still. She was such a cutie pie.

So here is a brie year in review.

At the beginning of the year, we sold our townhome and were thrilled to never have renters again.

We found out we were expecting right after and I found out sunny would have a sister.

We started more home improvement on our obnoxious fixer upper house. We added sod, painted our exterior white, added windows, french doors and much more.

There is so much more to do on our home still.  Did I mention she is obnoxious?

We took Sunny to Disneyland for her third birthday and visited the beach.


Sunny started pre-school.

Our baby girl was born.





And now we are welcoming another Christmas season.

 It's important not to get caught up in the commercial aspect of the holiday rush, but rather to slow down and reflect, ponder, and admire the whole reason we are here to begin with. Jesus, the Christ, Savior and Redeemer. A perfect being who was born perfect and continues to remain perfect. His perfection is reason he can't touch this imperfect earth.

I strive to be like him and live by his example.

I have been blessed. So very blessed and I am so very thankful for where I am in life. By choosing to live my life in the gospel is reason for my happiness.  I could not have the happiness I do without my Lord and Savior the center of my life. He is the reason we have what we do. His asking for only 10% of what we have is example of how little he asks for. He loves us so much, he not only suffered and died for us, but he to this day loves us even through all our imperfections.

I love my Savior and am what I am because of him.

I realize there are others out there suffering through trials at this time. I have a friend who can not get pregnant without IVF. My heart goes out to those in similiar situations.
Anyway, She found out she was pregnant after going through the headache I imagine IVF would be, only to suffer a miscarriage. It was right before the holidays too.  She is in so much pain and my prayers go  out to her and anyone who has to endure that.

I know she would or could feel more comfort if she had the gospel in her life. As Christ knows all pain.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope that whatever you may be enduring this season that you will remember Him and feel comforted my his endless love.





Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)