2/01/2017

New Schedule

Awhile back I posted my schedule.  I love it but I realized there are days we will not be going to gym or daycare. I did buy a year membership to gym and I paid for Sunny to go to daycare every single day. However, I decider the gym would be every day at night, but only 3 times a week in morning.

This works great for Rodney's schedule to study and have a quiet house while we are gone for his tests. Also, Sunny is able to play with Eve and Abe at daycare so she is always excited over that.

I have had people ask me why i am so devoted to gym.  They say I am so skinny, i dont need it.  When I go to gym, I hardly ever work out,  not hardcore anyway.  My main drive is for Sunny and Rodney.  Rodney needs to study and take tests, Sunny needs to see her friends at daycare and it doesn't hurt that I see mine there too. Usually my friend is there and we will chill on the couch, nurse and talk about kids while we wait.

If I do exercise it's usually yoga,  walking the track or doing the bike or treadmill while watching a good movie, usually lifetime.


I decided this because mornings can be hectic and I want to stick to this new routine I came up with.

I was becoming very frustrated over no nap time. I felt I was loosing control and that Sunny was running the household. This left me feeling anxious and tired.  I knew something had to change.

One day I was pondering ideas when it occurred to me that I should use a stop watch. I ran to store and bought one for a few dollars. I then asked Sunny to go to her room for afternoon nap time. Whether she napped or not was up to her. The point was that she would have quiet time in her room for 45 minutes until the stop watch right ringed. If she fell asleep, that would be a different story and I would remove the watch from her room.

So far this is working better then I imagine ed. I dont know how long this will last or be successful, but for now i am over joyed. Sunny loves this strategy and has relaxed enough to fall asleep a few times. I am also thinking of playing relaxing music while she is laying in her bed or playing with her animals.

Why I didn't think of this sooner, I don't know.

A few weeks ago we got a primary CD at our door and we have been playing it everyday. It brings the spirit into our home and Sunny responds well to music.  TV wires her and we are not having it on hardly ever now.

While music plays, Sunny plays on kitchen floor, usually play dough, white board or watercolor. She also loves her magnetic paper dolls that she can dress with different outfits, shoes, etc.
 She is cleaning up after herself so well.

Adelaide is getting better. Her toe is healing and I am constantly watching out for hair or other odd things that can be a future issue.

She is scooting now and rolling over. I think she will be all over the floor soon.






Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)