2/03/2010

A Different Kind of Salad!


This week I felt tired of salads, but I wanted to make sure I incorporated my daily supply of fruits and vegtables. I have always loved Hawaiian Haystacks, but these haystacks are a little different because I added a ingrediant that would either produce, "Oh gross" or "Genious." I love to eat healthy! This meal may not be ultra exciting, but my goal is to create meals that will inspire people to eat healthy and still have good flavorable foods. So enjoy being healthy, you will find yourself feeling really good about yourself!

Ingrediants needed (more or less)

Enriched Minute Rice or Brown Rice
Chop the following:
Olives
cucumber
celery
pineapple
tomato
add cheese or your choice
Chow Mein Noodles

Bonus Ingrediant: Golden Milled Flaxseed. Just mix it with the rice and add a little olive oil. Flaxseed has a very good flavor similiar to wheat. It contains all sorts of vitamins including Omega 3.

Bake chicken tenders with onion soup mix. Bake and cut chicken into pieces. Top the rice with all the items above. Voila!! You have just created a very healthy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)