4/22/2010

Shredded Cabbage and Cilantro Fish Tacos


My first fish taco was in 11th grade, in San Diego, during Happy Hour. I have never forgotten my first fish taco. Mom and I were walking through spanish town, looking at all the cool things. We entered this restaurant/bar and decided to both try a fish taco. Now, mom spent over 35 years in San Diego where she grew up, so she was very familiar with the tacos. I don't remember what kind of fish it was or what sauce they used, but I do remember shredded cabbage. Perfect on a fish taco. The fish tacos I made consisted of:

Varies by eaters:

1 c. shredded cabbage
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
Combine the two into a food chopper/processer
3-4 cooked fresh talapia (baked with olive oil and lemon pepper)
shredded cheddar cheese (We finally found the zero fat/cholestral cheddar cheese. It's finally back at Walmart).
salsa
tomato
Corn tortillas fried in olive oil.
Once fish and tortillas are done, break apart the very tender talapia and put on tortilla. Add cabbage and cilantro mixture, cheese and salsa. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)