4/26/2010

Gazpacho (Re-post)


This week is eat your veggie week! This soup is amazing and popular this time of year and into summer. Served chilled, it consists of lots of good crunchy veggies. I look forward to making this soup a lot this summer. My garden consists of everything to make this soup except for the celery and cucumber, but I am hoping to start cucumber soon, depending on how the tomatoes, onions and cilantro do.

Everything you need to make Gazpacho soup! Made with
cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, celery, chicken broth and
red wine vinegar. You can add cilantro and bread crumbs
too!

Gazpacho soup

1 cucumber, chopped
6-7 Roma tomatoes chopped
1/2 c to 1 c. chopped celery
1 can chicken broth
1/8 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. red onion chopped
1/2 c. finely chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove finely crushed
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
Combine all ing. and let chill in fridge for a couple of hours. Serve well chilled.
Source: my own creations

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)