6/08/2010

Awesome Summer Salad


This summer I will be eating lots of salads. In my effort to decrease the amounts of carbs/glutin in my diet, I will be turning to the greens to feel great! This salad has literally everything but the kitchen sink. You don't have to be precise when creating a salad, just use what you have if you need to.

Summer Salad Serves about 4

1 head of rommaine lettuce or mixed greens
4-5 large strawberries, chopped
chopped carrots
sliced cucumber
chopped red onion
1 large avocado, sliced
chopped olives
cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes
soybeans
peas
marinated artichokes (available at Costco)
lemon wedges
Chopped meat of your choice, I added canned salmon, of course. (Got to have the protein, or you make not get as full)
Grated cheese of your choice
(add whatever else you like such as sliced green grapes, chopped almonds, dried cranberries, chopped apples, pecans, etc. Enjoy your salad)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)