8/12/2010

Thai Ginger, Garlic and Chili Rice Noodles and Chicken With Veggies


Here are a few fact about me. My favorite foods are: 1. Thai Food, 2. Chinese Food, 3. Japanese Food, 4. Mongolian Food and 5. Mexican food. It is definately worth visiting Asia or Mexico just for the food! The nice thing about the Western culture, is many of these ethnic foods are here in our country, available to make in our own kitchens or eat at a restaurant. I am a newbie at learning how to making many Asian dishes, but I am always open on perfecting my cooking skills in that area. This Thai dish is amazingly good with the tender rice noodles and the blended flavors of ginger, garlic and chili. The veggie stir-fry I added along with chicken added protein and fiber as well as nutrition and heartiness to the meal.

To make this meal, you will need:

4 T. of ginger, garlic and chili Thai sauce (found in Asian food isle next to soy sauces).
1 package of rice sticks (" ")
1/2 package of stir-fry (if you can find a Asian blend, that would be ideal)
2. T oil
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
3-4 chicken breast tenders, cut into strips

Begin by boiling water. Add rice sticks and then allow to sit off of heat for about 10 min. Cook chicken and then cut into strips and set aside. Meanwhile add oil to large pan and heat. Add stir fry veggies, cilantro and sauce. Mix in chicken and stir. Once warm and ready, add to rice noodles. Other variations to this meal are: Cooked shrimp (Thai dishes often have shrimp).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)