10/13/2011

Kale, Zuchinni, Tomato, and Sausage Ragout! (adapted)

This is very good. You should make this immediately! I never thought this would be as good as it is, but after getting this recipe off my favorite food blog, melskitchencafe.blogspot.com, I had to make it. I adapted it a little, but it is still as good as Mel's came out I'm sure. You might ask, how could something with all those veggies actually be tasty? Let me assure you right now, that if this were not tasty, I would not be posting it here today. Trust me, it's good, it's healthy, and you will be proud of yourself for eating this way and desiring to make it again. I served it over couscous, but rice or even quinoa will work too. This meal is also under 30 minutes.




Recipe (adapted/slightly changed from melskitchencafe.blogspot.com)




1-2 T. olive oil


1 medium size zuchinni, cut into cubes with peel on


1 can diced tomatoes


1 can white beans such as navy or great northern


5-6 chicken or turkey sausages, sliced ( I couldn't find the apple chicken sausage she used, so I just used turkey sausage (without preservatives).


1/2 c. chopped onion


6 c. chopped kale with center stem removed


2 garlic cloves, chopped


1/4 tsp. pepper


1/4 tsp. salt


1/2. c. free range organic chicken broth




In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and add onion and garlic. Once onions are tender, add sausage and stir for about 3 min. Add chopped zuchinni and stir for two min. Add, tomatoes, beans, salt and pepper and 1/2 c. chicken broth. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes on low heat. Add kale and stir in as final step. kale cooks fast, so once stirred in, it should be tender. Serve over couscous (my recommendation).






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)