10/14/2011

Kale Salad

The most addicting salad I have ever eaten, seriously! Just like the post below, who would think this superfood veggie could be so good. I got this recipe from my favorite food blog where I turn for recipes every now and then. Mel, from mykitchencafe, massages her kale with salt for two minutes to tenderize the kale before tossing in the other ingrediants. I made this last night, husband was in awe of the flavor, and am making it again for the second time. In fact, I made a special effort to stop at the store after work, just to get kale. Does that say a lot about how much I love this salad.
Recipe (adapted from melskitchencafe.blogspot.com)
1 bunch of kale, stem removed and chopped
1/2 c. red onion, chopped
1/2 c. feta cheese
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/4 c. chopped apples
1/3 c. toasted sunflower seeds
2. T. red wine vinager
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
In a bowl, place chopped kale and add salt. Begin to massage the kale for about 2-3 minutes or until the kale is tender and dark. Then and add onion, cranberries, apples. Heat sunflower seeds in skillet for about 10 min. or until golden light brown. In small bowl, mix oil, sugar, and vinager and whisk together. Pour dressing over kale. Toss in sunflower seeds and then add feta cheese and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)