1/30/2012

Agave

My mom introduced this product to me. I was excited to learn that this all natural sweetner can be used to replace white table sugar. Agavve grows mainly out in the desert, and the beauty of this sweetener is that it has a low glycemic index, which makes it absorb more slowely in the body, preventing spikes in blood sugar. We all know that excess white table sugar can cause hyperactivity, obesity, and poor attention spans, just to name a few, but this product, which comes from the heart of the agave plant and is 100% in it's natrual state, has not been refined like sugar has, meaning it's pure honest to goodness better for you.
I use this as a substitution when I bake, using this in place of sugar. It is also sweeter then sugar, so you don't need as much. It's perfect for trying to ween my husband off his sugar addiction he has. I love that I can use this product and my husband doesn't know the difference. And when we have children, I will use this product instead since I will be raising them sugar-free. I love that this product is delicious and nobody can tell the difference between white table sugar and this. I highly recommend this product for better health for your family. You can purcahse this off amazon, at Costco, or any healthfood store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)