3/15/2012

Avocado Lime Quinoa

I made this avocado lime quinoa salad tonight for dinner. I bought two bags of quinoa at Costco, and I am already half way through the second bag. Yes siree, I eat lots of quinoa, almost everyday. I eat it cooked in chicken stock, with lemon pepper seasoning and dried cilantro. There are many recipes on this blog with quinoa.

1 1/2 c. Quinoa. You can use a rice cooker to cook it also. Cook with lid on stove on low heat. Keep the lid on and let cook for app. 20 min or so. Check it often and stir. It will be very fluffy and light when cooked properly.
Meanwhile do this:
Chop 1/2 c. Red pepper
"" "" "" "" cucumber
"" "" "" "" tomatoe
"" "" "" "" "" avocado
1/4 c chopped scallions
Set aside
Open can of black beans and set aside.
Now do this:
Add 3 T. Olive oil
"" 2 T. Red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. Salt
"" """ pepper
Juice of one lime
Whisk this dressing with fork, then mix cooled quinoa with veggies and black beans. Toss in dressing and then stir all together. Let chill in fridge 15 min before serving. Serve with dried cilantro and fresh lime juice on top (if desired).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)