6/11/2012

Day 1 of A Whole New Way Of Eating

to heal. I did some research yesterday on how to heal leaky gut and an irritated gut. It seems I have still been bloated and I couldnt figure out what has not been working in my whole foods diet. It turns out, I hadn't done all the research I should have because let's just say, no changes were happening like I wanted to. I had been eating foods that were still irriating my gut and after doing a lot of research I found I need to eliminate all these foods for 6 weeks. This is how long it takes to heal with this extensive program. I am excited to at least learn that villi (the fingerlike things that move food in the intestines) is capeable of healing every 24 hours. Isn't that remarkeable. After 25 years of abuse to my body, eating all the dangerous foods to my gut, villi can heal in 24 hours. I knew God had to have mercy and let our bodies heal. The body is so forgiving. Also, the body can heal in 4-5 days I found, if avoiding foods that irritate it as well. I know this 6 week program is the total heal that the body needs and I have the protocol to do this. I have a path to follow now, and I think I might make it this time.

Foods to Avoid for 6 weeks
Dairy
Grains including all rice, quinoa, millet, amarath, oats and more
Legumes like peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas, soy and tofu
Starches like potatoes, carrots, beets, pumpkin, squash, and sweet potatoes
High glycemic foods
Bananas, dried fruit, and fruit juice
Sugars of all kind

Healing foods (the list is long, so I will name the ones I like to eat the most)
apples
apricots
berrries
grapefruit
lemons and limes
nectarines
peaches
plums
pomegranates
watermelon
pineapple

Veggies to heal (the list is long, so I will name the ones I like to eat the most)
alfalfa sprouts
asparagus
artichokes
bok choy
cilantro
parsley
celery
kale
rommaine lettuce
dandelions leaves
saurefraut (fermented foods)
chard
tomatoes(yeah)
zuchinni
scallions
Olive oil
Honey

Today I went to Good Earth and out of all the healing products I had on my list, Good Earth only had a few of the things at the store. I got: hemp seeds, hemp protein powder, chia seeds, Garden of Life Zyme-Ultra (a digestive and probiotic blend), a probiotic that needs refrigeration and is 20 billion strains of good bacteria, zinc, sea buckthorn, biotin, candex, yeast cleanse, zinc, a liqiud calcium, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, phyllim husk powder and tons of veggies. I spent a lot of money today, but I felt peace in knowing it was an investment in my health and healing. I looked for a recommended supplement called phytoplankton, but they did not have it. I would like to order that online and try it.Do I dare spend more money. I did take back a purse and top and got 118 in credit, so that helped pay for all these things I need for my healing quest. Here is the 6 week healing phase broken into two parts.

Part 1 (3 weeks long)
Only foods acceptable on list, no vitamins or minerals at this time, just your yeast candida cleanses, probiotics and digestive stuff. Eat hemp seeds when hungry, they do fill you up big time. I like that.
Part 2 (3 weeks long)
Introduce eggs and fish into your diet. Eat a little more brown rice.
I hope I can do this. I really want to heal my gut. I worry about major weight loss though. I know once my body is healed, the weight can be re-gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)