9/11/2012

Approved Paleo Diet Foods

When I first started the Paleo Diet two months ago, I didn't know what the heck to eat. I couldn't believe everyone saying this was the "perfect diet." How? Well, two months later, I know how. You must practice this diet. It is not easy at first, but after two months, you will be a pro at it. Promise!!!

Foods to NEVER eat on Paleo Diet. These foods all contain lectins which are not good for anyone. If you do choose to eat rice and legumes, please remember to soak it for 24 hours before cooking. This reduces the lectins.
All Grains. This includes:
Wheat and gluten
corn
popcorn
rice
quinoa
millet
legumes (all beans)
all pasta that is grain based

Avoid all sugar and dairy, so no:
cheese
milk
cream
butter

Foods to eat in moderation (because they do contain lectins and you must soak these as well).
Nuts and seeds, including almonds. (I recommend soaking your nuts for at least 12 hours as well).

Foods to eat on Paleo Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)