11/01/2012

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween!!!! I hope everyone had a spook filled Halloween full of fun, creativity, and of course healthy food. At work, I had a fun time working with kids in a small group setting, who of course did not want to work on reading, but instead talk about their Halloween costumes and favorite candy. As I watched these blue teeth, purple tongue kids (no doubt too much food coloring in their candy), I thought, how I remember getting excited like that when I was a little girl. Now, I actually dread Halloween because I can't stand the site of candy around my house. I dread it even more that we didn't get one trick or treater this year (blame that on the new development where we live and many vacant homes). I was however very excited to come home and dress up in a costume which I always do every year. Except, this year I didn't know what to be. I thought and thought and then a thought occurred to me. I will be a pregnant woman since I am practically showing already. But then I thought, Na! I will be a cowgirl like I am every year and so that is what I was. I am almost entering my second trimester. Morning sickness is getting better. My baby will be here before I know it!! Have a nice weekend ya'll.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)