9/02/2013

Grandma Visits

My mom came up for Labor Day and we had a really fun filled day. The four of us went to Marie Calender's for dinner (I won't go there again), and then we headed over to the Sweet Tooth Fairy where we each got a cupcake. (I got raspberry lemonade which along with strawberry shortcake is my favorite). Sunshine was the best baby. She sat up in the restaurant sling they provided for us at the table and she just sat and starred at us with a few smiles in between. Grandma Carol got a kick out of her smiles. Today, mom and I headed out for some lunch and shopping. Rodney was kind to babysit. First we went to Noodles and Co. and had some lunch. Afterwards we headed to the mall and Old Navy. Both stores were having Labor Day sales so mom and I got matching striped shirts and got Sunshine a little outfit to match. We decided that we would take family pictures with grandma later that afternoon. After Old Navy, we headed to the mall so I could show mom my favorite kids store called Gymboree. I love that store and its cute baby clothes. We headed home and I quickly washed all our new clothes so we could wear them for pictures. At about 6:30 we got to our favorite park and took a bunch of pictures. Afterwards we headed over to Cafe Rio but as usual they were way too busy, so we went next door to Five Guys and ordered burgers and fries. (I am not currently eating paleo diet due to my nursing. We next headed over to Sweet Tooth Fairy and got more cupcakes. This time I got the vanilla. We got home about 8:00 and by this time Sunshine was exhausted from all the stimuli she was exposed to. Overall, it was a nice couple of days and I am glad Sunshine got some grandma bonding time.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)