10/07/2015

Sunny Lately, Halloween Traditions & A Breakfast Timesaver

Sunny is always changing, developing, and surprising me. However, lately, two new developments have really kept me on my toes. The first one is not nearly as terrifying,  but more aggravating.  She has learned to strip her clothes completely off. She loves showing anyone she can take anything off and as soon as she is dressed,  off it goes. It is a repeated cycle and reasoning with her is not easy. My only solution: Onsies.  She hasn't figured those out yet.

The second development is she is starting to hide. And when she hides, she hides good. Our house is not that big and the fact it took me close to two minutes to find her tonight, really freaked me out. And worse, she fell asleep while hiding behind our thick gingham curtains. A place I would never think to look. Yesterday, she hid behind my dresser. When you can't find your own child, it's the most terrifying feeling ever. I just wasn't prepared for this hide n seek game to start this early.

Anyway, I can't believe October is here. The air has that crisp I love. This has to be the best time of year. One tradition we have for this month is watching scary/suspense movies.  I love suspense,  but I always feel so guilty watching them. However, this month,  I feel I can justify my scary movie fix.

Another tradition is we make one fall treat once a week with either apples, ginger, or pumpkin.  Of course, incorporating all things pumpkin and ginger is not hard. Lately, I have been using my crockpot and this overnight crockpot oatmeal is such a time saver for busy or lazy mornings. All you do is throw everything in a crockpot the night before and there you have it. Easy.


Ingredients
2 c. Steel cut oats ( can not use regular oatmeal,  will not work. You can find steel cut oats next to oatmeal section)
8 c. Water
1/4 c. Brown sugar
1-2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Salt
Throw it all into a crockpot 8 hours before you wake up.
In morning, top with more brown sugar, diced bacon, chopped pecans, and dried or fresh fruit variations. Add milk and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)