11/14/2015

Brussel Sprout Bacon, Pecan, Apple & Cranberry Salad

Please note that I am notorious for being a  flaky blogger.  When I started blogging in 2010, I was quite consistent for awhile. Then a year of nothing. Then I returned again to this present day and blogged almost everyday for 2 whole months. Wow, impressive pattern for me.  I think followers of mine like that predictability.

I love sharing healthy recipes, and I have so many I want to share. I really do. But, I just can't be a full time food blogger like I once envisioned.

The reality is, I am in a season of life where my focus needs to be on my family and on God.

I feel I can do so many other productive things with my time, besides thinking about blogging.  Don't get me wrong, blogging is wonderful and there is so much talent out there that SHOULD be shared with the world. I wouldn't have half the ideas of what to cook without the food blogs I go to.

My brain just can't handle the multitask or do so many things in one day. I wish I could be one of those amazing people.

 I am still going to blog, but I am going to be consistent and predictable on what days I choose to write  a post. I choose Sunday. I figure that is my quite day. I can journal stuff about Sunny from the week, add pictures of our week plus add a recipe.

So, I will see ya all tomorrow back on here with a few pictures from our week and maybe another recipe.

Now, let's discuss this salad. It is so so so good.  I am so excited about these veggies that are tasting so incredibly good.  Did anyone make my cauliflower or broccoli salad yet. Add that bacon and cheese if you want even more rich flavors.

Brussel Sprout Salad

Preheat oven to 350

1 Ib Brussel sprouts, stems cut off and chopped into fourths.
6-7 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1/4 c. Chopped pecans
1/4 c. Dried cranberries
1/4 c. Chopped apples
1/2 tsp. Sea salt
1/2 T. Fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 T. Olive oil
1/4 c.  Parmassan cheese,  optional

In a baking casserole, toss Brussel sprouts with salt, pepper, and oil. Massage with hands and bake about 20 minutes or until Brussels are tender.

Toss everything with Brussels and add lemon and optional parmesan cheese.

Eat immediately.
Recipe adapted from Cookscountry









Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)