4/19/2016

Pregnancy Goals

I have set a lot of goals for myself this year. I am terrible at following them, yet remembering what I set for myself in the first place.  However, since being pregnant, I realized I have not set any new goals.  Pregnacy is a whole new ballgame for me.  The goals I set for myself not pregnant do not always apply when I am pregnant, so here are my new goals and an explanation of why I am choosing these goals.

1.  Eat less sugar. I am the worst at this. I have the world's worst sweet tooth.

2.  Improve my posture so I don't have to return to the chiropracter so often. The chiropracter is expensive, even the tiny bit that insurance does pay!! The last three times I went to the chiro, I felt it was a total waste of money.  I am not going to say who it is, but my gosh, the guy charges an arm and a leg and does nothing but run this dull device down my back.  He invests in no new equipment either and I get the impression he thinks people are idiots and don't know the difference. Believe me, people know!

So my posture is bad. Horribly bad. I have a curved spine thanks to horrible genetics and it takes more effort and thinking to remember to stand up straight. It does not come naturally to me at all. My mom has the same problem.  Not only is bad posture horrible for your health and well-being, but it's so unattractive.  During pregnacy I suffer worse from bad posture. I am making a conscious effort to stand up straight and tall no matter what.

3. Continue to go to gym and fitness classes.  Pregnancy makes me tired and lazy. Taking care of a busy toddler doesn't add more energy.  Going to my classes often only helps me sleep better at night, but helps me improve my eating habits.  An added bonus is it's such a social place. I love running into so many people I know, making new friends there, and just having adult conversation for once.

4. Stop Self-criticism. I have to improve on this. I thought it was only a high school and 20's things, but I am a married with a child, and this needs to stop.
I over- analyze everything and it's a negative trait I wish would end.

5. Finish a task, stop procrastinating!  I love working on house projects, particularly, but I often start many of them and leave them uncompleted, which only bugs me more.

6.  Spend more time outdoors.  Sunny loves to be outside and I know it's good for both of us.

That's all I can think of for now. I am sure I will think of others later.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)