6/10/2016

Zero Technology Summer

So my friends and followers of this on and off blog I have had for almost 7 years now, I am going to be signing off for the summer and I wanted to say goodbye until fall. I feel it's a little more kind to give my readers a heads up, rather then just dissapear on here and leave people wondering what happened to me.

For quite some time, I have wanted to go technology free. It is so hard for me at times because I love to shop and browse online, I love to look at online recipe's, I love to look at pinterest occasionally, I love to catch up on facebook now and then (out of curiosity sake) and I love to email and connect with people. As a stay at home mom, the internet is like my social outlet if you will.

However, I need to connect with people in REAL LIFE. That means talking to people in person rather then via technology.  Internet leads to addictions anyway. I believe there should be a healthier approach to un-wire the brain and focus on what is here and now right in front of us.

I know a lot of people will miss me and wonder how my pregnancy is progressing.  I do plan to update on here with some maternity pictures towards the end of August (fall) when I will be almost ready to be due.

I am feeling great this pregnancy. I consider myself lucky this time to have had an actual cute baby bump really early on. With Sunny, I didn't show until about 7.5 months, seriously frustrating, and I was going through that self-concious thinking of "When people glance at me, do they know I am pregnant or do I look like a fat/bloated/unhealthy looking person." I hated that thinking.  However, this time around, people know I am pregnant. I have an obvious bump and I get questions of what I am due all the time.

This summer, I am going to be enjoying those baby kicks. I am one of those who LOVE, LOVE, LOVE BEING PREGNANT!!!!

So, thanks for reading. I will be starting my no-technology goal tomorrow. Wish me luck.  I will be spending my time time working on potty-training my toddler (She is doing very good by the way, trying to earn a new bike) finishing up house projects, such as painting the house, and harvesting some veggies and fruit.  We have a nectarine tree that is full of delicious fruit and I am eating about 10 of them a day. Can't wait until our grapes come in soon.

So that is all for now.See you in the fall and have a great summer ya'll.


Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)