1/11/2017

3 months

Our little caboose as we call her, has turned 3 months. Part of me is relieved that she no longer that fragile newborn anymore, but is getting more tough.
               


Little Adelaide (See Jan. 5 post to read story)  is smiling now, and I love the happy baby pose with her legs curled up close to her tummy. Gets me everytime.








She prefers not to wear mittens anymore because she loves chewing on her hands now. In fact, her hands are turning raw from all the sucking.
She is cooing all the time, mostly while she is sucking on her hands. She is getting loud with her voice and I love that she has discovered it.

She is sleeping well through the night, waking up once between 1-4 am and thr wakes up again about 7 am.

She hates noise and prefers a quiet roon to sleep. Aren't we all that way.

Still bald.

Loves to be held. She is good on the floor or swing for a little bit, then grows bored.

Loves new environments and is most chill when get out of the house.

Breastmilk more, less formula now.  I am so glad because I hate formula but we always keep it on hand for emergencies.  

She is a lot better now. She had a bad cold caught from Sunny. She coughed for about a week or so and we were told to just wait it out. 

She weighs almost 12 pounds, wears size 1 diapers and might be ready for size 2 soon.

Sunny has enjoyed playing with her, mostly treating her like one of her dolls. She knows how to calm her down by singing to her. I hope they are always close friends.


So here is the story behind Sunny's hair. She didn't wake up with curls one day, but has discovered soft foam hair curlers I which she insists she must sleep in. Every night she pleads to have her hair I them so she can not only have a colorful rainbow in her hair, but wake up to a suprise each morning. It has been fun. I wonder how long it will last. 
I can't stop playing with her curls, and she reminds me that her best friend, Evelyn has the same hair.







Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)