1/22/2010

Berrylicious Smoothie


This smoothie is extra nutritious because it contains an ingrediant called Spirulina. You can purchase this product at any health food store. It comes in powder or capsule form. I like the powder because it really doesn't have any flavor, but has so many energy boosting nutrients you would be amazed at how good you feel afterwards. Spirulina is a green powder, and many of you may get grossed out by how it looks, but trust me, it is worth what it does for you. Grown in Hawaii, it has become increasingly more popular. If you want to know more about spirulina, just google it and learn what healing powers it may have.

Berrylicious smoothie (created by me)

1 c. frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 1/2 c. cran-grape juice (that is what I used, be use whatever juice you like).
2 c. frozen fruit's medley (from Costco) contains peaches, strawberries, honeydew, and pineapple
1 c. yogurt of your choice (optional)
1 tsp. spirulina

Blend together in a blender and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)