3/20/2010

Homemade Hummus


I first discovered Hummus when I lived in the bay area. Everyone out there ate hummus it seemed. I found myself always buying it and eating it all the time. I learned that Hummus dates back to ancient Egypt where the garbonzo bean was eaten often. Today, many Europeans enjoy hummus frequently. I made up this great hummus last night to go with our hotdog roast outside. It came out great.

Hummus

1 can garbonzo beans (chickpeas, as I like to call them)
1 garlic clove sliced in half
2 T. olive oil
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. oragano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
Combine all into blender or food processor and puree until smooth and dip like. Enjoy with chips, tortillas or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)