3/20/2010

Gourmet Cupcakes (Peanut Butter Cup and Cherry)




Yesterday I whipped up some reeses peanut butter cup and chocolate cherry gourmet cupcakes to take to family. I was inspired to make these cupcakes from an idea I saw in a book at the store. I didn't purchase the book because I knew if I did, there would be a problem. However, I skimmed through it and got some ideas. Who knew that making gourmet cupcakes could be so easy. To make these, follow these steps:

1 box of cake mix of your choice
Follow cake mix directions
1 can of pie mix filling/topping of your choice (I used cherry)
1-2 packages of reeses peanut butter cups

For Chocolate Frosting:
1 c. of heavy cream
6-9 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 T. powdered sugar
(If you don't want chocolate frosting, use heavy cream, sugar and extract and food coloring of your choice to substitute or use a cream cheese frosting.

Pour chocolate chips in bowl. In sauce pan, allow cream of heat on medium high. Once it boils, place over chocolate chips and either whip with mixer or use whire whisk. Cover and let set in fridge for about 30 min. Take out of fridge and whip again, and allow to chill once again for another 30 min. Take out final time and mix well and then spread over cooled cupcakes.

For Cupcakes (Prepare while frosting is chilling)

Preheat oven to 350 and line a cupcake tin with paper cups. Place each cup 1/2-3/4 full of cake batter. On top of the cake batter, place your choice of either 1 reeses peanut butter cup or a spoonful of pie filling fruit of your choice. Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean in center. Fruit and reeses cups should have fallen to center of cupcake once done. This gives a nice filling for each cupcake. You can also top the frosted cupcakes with more fruit as I did. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)