3/18/2010

St. Patrick's Day Meal


So, it's a tradition to eat certain things on St. Patrick's day, so I made up this fabulous meal with the idea I got on another food blog. I really wanted something with cabbage and potatoes and some meat. However, I did change the recipe to add other ingrediants. Overall, I give this meal a high five. Try it!

St. Patrick's Day Meal (cabbage and hotdogs)

1 medium sized cabbage chopped
1/2-1 c. olive oil
1 medium sized apple, chopped or cubed
1 large potato or 2 small, chopped or cubed
2 chopped hotdogs (I used smoked turkey hogdogs)
1 T. butter
1/2 tsp. salt (or sea salt)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 T. flour
1 tsp. sugar
4 T. white vinegar

In a sautee pan, add olive oil, cabbage, apples and potatoes. Allow to cook on medium high heat, then turn down to medium low heat once cabbage,potatoes and apples become tender. Add butter and allow to cook on medium to low heat. Next, in small bowl, combine flour, sugar and vinegar and stir well. Add the vinegar mixture to cabbage and then add salt and pepper. Mix well and continue to stir. Let simmer until all are tender and ready to eat. While simmering, roast hotdogs on medium-high heat on stove, or you can add hot-dogs to mixture while simmering (whatever you like) Serve with mashed potatoes for a traditional St. Patrick's Day feast! Also good with couscous or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)