3/25/2010

Tortilla and Bean Soup


I made up this great bean soup with just stuff in the pantry and fridge.
Tortilla and Bean Soup

1 can of navy beans
1 can of pinto beans or 1 1/2 c. cooked pinto beans
1 can of diced petite tomatoes with juice
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4. c. chopped fine scallions (I used a food processor for the vegtebles
1/4 c. chopped onion
half of a jalepeno pepper chopped
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. Italian blend seasoning or basil and oregano
Combine all into pot on medium heat, then reduce to simmer.
Crush tortilla chips on bottom of bowl and then add soup. Top with cheese of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)