4/30/2010

Taco Soup


Taco soup is a must have since I loooove anything with tomatoes. This soup is so quick to make. Perfect for a cold day, or any day for that matter! I used the taco seasoned turkey meat, potatoes and cilantro from my previous post and just cut the meal in half adding part of the mixture to the soup and the other part for burritos. Isn't that cool?!

Taco Soup
1 pound of taco seasoned lean turkey or hamburger meat (use all or half it like I did for another meal)
1/2 c. cilantro
1 large potato cubed
Cook meat thorougly, add potatoes, then add cilantro last (once meat and potatoes are cooked).
Add:
1 can of diced petite tomatoes
1 can of black beans
1/4 c. chopped onions
1/2 c. water
1 T. olive oil
Let simmer until done. Top with corn chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado, or anything your heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)