9/25/2010

The Best House Dressing (taste just like Cafe Rio's)


I LOVE Cafe Rio, in fact love is an understatement. I could eat there every single day. I have been in love with that place since they first opened in St. George and will continue to be a loyal customer to them. Every time I have gone there, I have either ordered the veggie or chicken burrito (enchilada style)or the salad (the pork salad is awesome). I love the house dressing that comes with it and can't seem to get enough of it. I love the dressing so much I even pay for extra so I can take it home and put on my own salad. Well, now I have created the best house dressing that tastes very similiar to Cafe Rio's. I had to research what tomatillos were, but then found them at Walmart in the produce section. The flavors in this dressing are so tasty I will be making this dressing a lot. I will also continue to loyal to Cafe Rio, my most favorite restaurant ever!

The Best House Dressing!

1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
1 c. of regular mayo (don't use olive oil mayo)
1 c. milk
2 tomatillos, sliced
1 small jalepeno pepper (remove seeds and stem).
1 bunch of cilantro
1/4 tsp. garlic chopped fine
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (how spicy do you like yours)? test it out until desired heat level. Cafe Rio has theirs moderately spicy.
1 tsp. lime juice

Combine all into blender and blend until smooth. If it is thin, it will thicken in fridge. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)