1/10/2012

Re-Growing Green Onions


If you don't have a garden, don't you get tired of having to buy produce all the time because of the price flucuations. I know planting a garden is the top recommendation for fresh, nutrient rich veggies, but some veggies grow just fine right in your own home or window for light. I was browsing at "makinglifesimple.com" on youtube, and found that the creater of that site, found an wasy way to re-grow green onions. Here is what you do:
1. chop the white part of the green onion and place in a cup of water about 1/4 full.
2. Make sure the root of the white part of the onion is in the water.
3. Watch them grow. I hear they grow very fast.
Now you can have green onions when you want them. I don't think grocery stores would want you to learn this method, but it really is a great way to save extra $$.
Photo by tapproduce.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)