4/14/2012

Week One Of Whole Foods Challenge

So, I did a whole week of nothing but whole food. Okay, I slipped once, but that was sordive an emergancy. I made tofu alredo sauce (I will post recipe) and served it with whole wheat rice noodles in a very confined small container. I had to work that day, so come lunch, my noodles were mush, and I ended up throwing it out. So, long story short, I had to think of what I could eat fast food wise. I opted for Panda Express and got fried rice for 2 bucks. Big whopping mistake. Full of grease and yuck, I vow never to eat there again, even in emergencies like that.
So, that is the only time I ate something that was not whole food this week, and you all know why Panda Express's fried rice is not whole food, right? It is pre-prepared for the restaurant, and comes with all sorts of additives and preservatives. It is not whole!!
So anyway, this week has been fabulous! I am so excited about this new way of eating. I can't emphasize enough how much I love eating whole foods. This whole week has consisted of foods from Jeaneteshealthyliving.com. You can go to her site for recipes. Her blog is my inspiration and support for this challenge. I have made tons of soups this week off her blog. They include, pureed carrot and coriander soup, pureed cauliflower potatoe and leek soup, pureed cauliflower with soy yogurt, loaded veggie soup, chicken and rice soup, lots of avocados and gaucomole with organic chips, pumpkin soup with shrimp, pureed zuchinni and lentil soup, and much more. The only soup that I didn't nake off of Jeannette's blog was the pumpkin soup and I will post a seperate post for that recipe, as well as the tofu alfredo sauce.
This whole foods challenge is not really a challenge anymore. As I am familiarizing myself with how to cook whole foods, it is becoming easier . I am eating every few hours, and high calorie foods such as avocados really help.
So, that is my first week update of this whole foods challenge. I will continue to post at the end of each week about my experiences and foods I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)