4/10/2012

Join Me On A Whole Foods Challenge

In a continued effort to block all refined, processed foods, I am starting whole foods challenge. As seen on this blog here, it may seem I only eat whole foods. Well, now it's time to be strict. That means in this challenge, I am dedicating myself to be at least a 95% whole foods eater. It took a lot of recipe searching and food blogs to find a recipe source so I can make this challenge. It's not easy, and I have tried it before. In doing a whole foods challenge, you are not allowed to eat anything that is pre-packaged, or processed. This means, all the goodness of fresh ingrediants such as garden veggies, fruits and more. Today I started out with my typical oatmeal, followed by a pureed soup I made in my blend tec. I will post recipe below. I am following a food blog in which a woman named Jeannette eats only whole foods and has tons of recipe ideas for you to look at if you are interested. Her blog is amazing and it will be my resource for this whole foods challenge. visit: jeanetteshealthyliving.com

Here is the recipe for the soup I made today.

Potatoe and Lentil Soup

1 T. olive oil
1 c. lentils, cooked
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 of an onion, chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and pre-baked
4 c. of vegetable broth
3 c. of water
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. tomatoe paste
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 T. fresh cilantro leaves
Wash the lentils and cook with one garlic clove in three cups of water. Once liquid is absorbed, they should be done. Set aside,
2. in a deep pot, saute onion, and remianing garlc in olive oil until soft. Add spices and tomato paste. Mix well
3. Add 4 c. of vegetable broth and lemon juice. bring to boil.
4. place soup, lentils, baked potatoe and cilantro into a blend tec or vita mixer*** and secure lid. Blend on soup mode. Serve hot.
*** If you don't own a blend tec or vitamixer, you can use a regular blender, but you may need to do several rounds depending on size of your blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)