4/11/2012

Whole Foods Challenge Continues


I hope some of you have decided to join me in my whole foods challenge. It is so exciting to be doing this. I wanted to share another recipe that I made, a soup, that is loaded with nutrients. My ingrediants were organic.

Loaded Veggie Soup

1 bunch of bok choy (use all the leaves, and only use about 2 of the stems) chopped
1 c. of cooked lentils
1 c. of brown rice
2 leeks, chopped
1 sweet potatoe, peeled and chopoped into cubes
1/2 c. yellow onion
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 zuchinni, skin on, and chopped
5 large mushrooms, chopped
6 c. of low sodium vegetable broth
1 tsp. of minced ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. of oregano
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1.4 tsp. celery salt
water for cooking

Set aside cooked rice and lentils. In a deep soup pot, add about 1/2 c. of water and add carrots, onion, zuchinni, garlic, ginger, sweet potatoe, and the two chopped bok choy stems. Allow to cook until soft and tender. Add more water if needed. Once soft and onions are translucent, add the chopped leeks and mushrooms and stir well for about 3 more mintues. Next, add the veggie broth and seasonings. Add rice and lentils and stir well. Allow to simmer for about 30-40 min. Just before serving, add the bok choy leaves (try to remove all middle stems). Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)