9/09/2015

How I Get My Picky Toddler To Eat Healthy

I'll write briefly about what I love about these items. First, the Ezekiel bread 4:9. I can't emphasize enough that this is the best bread i've ever had. It is high in protein and very satisfying. It is 100 percent sprouted whole grain bread, low glycemic, easy to digest compared to non sprouted breads, flourless, tasty, made with barley, lentils, beans, millet, and wheat. Sunny loves it toasted with lots of butter. The next item, is gluten free shortbread cookies, Pamela brand. These cookies are low in sugar and they are on sale often. Sunny needs to be on diet where she has low sugar due to her sleeping problems and hyperactivity. These cookies satisfy that sweet tooth and are all natural ingredients. Next item, is Alexis brand sweet potato tator tot puffs. These are are a great way to add some veggie and fiber into her diet and they taste great. Next, is corn on the cob. Sunny loves eating corn only on the cob. She loves it smothered in butter and a touch of sea salt. Next, is greek cucumbers. Something about the crunch of a cucumber. I always remember to stock up on them since she loves them so much. Next, is Annie or Horizon brand mac n cheese. I mix in about 1 T. plain greek yogurt to add in extra protein and this makes it much creamier too. Next is Buckwheat Waffles. These are gluten free as well and are ready to put in toaster and eat. They taste great too and are low in sugar. While sunny doesn't have a gluten allergy (that I know of), I prefer to still minimize how much gluten she does get in a day due to her behavior. The easier a food is to digest, the better her behavior. Last is Applegate chicken and apple sausage links. I don't buy these very often unless on sale,, but they are a great high protein for the mornings. Sunny also loves any kind of cheese. As a way to save time, I cube a bunch of cheese and then store it in air tight container in fridge. She loves rice crackers and apples with her cheese.Enjoying her lunch picnic style. I had to throw in a few pictures of Tigger. I think I woke him up. So, there are some easy nutritious ideas to get a picky toddler to eat somewhat descent. I am working on getting sunny to try avocado, eggs, and meat, but no such luck. Hopefully as she matures, she'll be more open to eating more variety.She really loves a green smoothie if it taste good.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)