9/07/2015

Labor Day

I look forward to Labor Day all year. Perhaps because it is an introduction to fall. The air is more crisp and cool and talk of the holidays approaching is a common theme. Today was a great day. We started our day getting together with my sweet friend Kami and her daughter, Bekah. The girls played together and we got to plan some great stuff for the future and catch up. Afterwards, I headed to Albertson's to pick up some raw grilling shrimp and cauliflower and celery so I could make my cauliflower potato salad (it is so good). Our plan was to have a small bbque today, but when I got home, Rodney told me he got an invite to a block party, so we opted to go to that instead and save our stuff for another time. Afterwards, we headed over to the Children's Museum. It was fun and I am glad we can donate to them in hopes that place stays around as long as possible. It's the best! When we got home, we took naps and then headed over to a block party potluck. I am so impressed with some of the most friendliest neighbors I got to meet for the first time. I look forward to tomorrow because I want to stick to my routine I have during the weekday. I love holidays, but I also like to stick to my weekday routine. I love staying busy and I don't want relaxing holidays, despite how great they are, to turn me into a slug if you know what I mean (stay at home mom's all understand, right). Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day today.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)