9/12/2015

Remembering September 11th

I can't believe 14 years has passed and how far our country has come since that horrific day. Just yesterday, I woke up and wanted to have a moment of silence. Remembering this day is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out for those who lost loved ones that day. I just wish they had the gospel knowledge we do as LDS and had that understanding that yes, it is possible that they can be sealed to their special loved ones some day. I pray the missionaries are able to reach those individuals and that their hearts will open to the messages missionaries want to share with them. There is a comfort we have in understanding the plan of salvation. This life is not the end. There is so much more after we pass on and are resurrected one day. Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan. If only those individuals had that knowledge and understanding. What a comfort it would bring to them. Yesterday was such a beautiful day. After the most beautiful walk and park that morning, we went home and I felt emotional about Sept. 11th. I decided I needed to give Sunny an extra kiss. I never want to take my family for granted. That evening, we went over to my mom's house to have dinner with the missionaries. Rodney barbequed some steaks outside and we served that with baked beans and corn. The missionaries were so sweet and one was from Florida, so Rodney and the sister missionary were able to talk a bit. We enjoyed cherry pie from the Red Barn and then cleaned up and the missionaries went to their next destination. Bless their hearts. Rodney relaxed while the three us of did some art and watched some shows. Mom and I watched a little lifetime movie network as always, and then we called it a night. We were so tired and ready for bed. Today was a low key day. We didn't do what we all planned, but we still had fun. We went to the grocery, Red Barn, and then Rodney made some bread and homemade hotdog buns. Sunny did ask for an ice cream cone, but our rule is once a month, so we had to tell her no. I try to eliminate sugar from her diet as best I can, but she knows what ice cream is, and that's what's tough. We had a little of our Omaha beef franks left, so he grilled those up and we had hotdogs. Sunny will not eat anything we eat and still requests only certain things like chips, toast or crackers. I gave her a few raspberries and she ate those with no problem. My hope is she will outgrow this picky eater thing and be able to join us. I didn't take as many pictures today. I did see a Nikon IKON - D300s 12.3 Megapixel at Costco that is on my wishlist. And now I will leave you a photo of this sweet thing. Doing what she loves, sitting at mama's vanity.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)