9/05/2015

Summer Re-Cap

It's crazy that fall is almost here and summer is over. We had a great summer! At the end of spring, we bought a house not to far from my mom's home. We feel so blessed to be able to be in her ward and be that close. Some may know that when we came down to St. George back in fall of 2014, we only came for a short vacation because Rodney and I had job interviews down here. We never imagined one of us would actually get a job down here and that we would be able to live here. Living in St. George has always been my dream, but I never believed it would be a reality. I grew up here and have lived in the same house my entire life (where my mom lives still to this day) and being here brings back all the memories of my childhood. What more could I ask? After Rodney got a job offer here, we had one dilemma. We owned a townhome in Layton and all our stuff was up there still. We didn't know if we should sell it or rent it out. A few weeks later, Rodney went up to Layton and cleared out all our junk and we put our townhome up for rent. We were lucky to get several people interested and it and we found some renters. So, now that we are down here and our renters are up north, it has posed some challenges and I wouldn't recommend that for everyone. Anyway, back to summer. We made one impromptu trip to Vegas, went to lots of parks, played outside as much as were could bare in the heat, went swimming a couple times, made new friends, watched lots of America's Got Talent, spent time at grandma's house, and had a few BBQUES. We also got a 10 week old kitten named Tigger (He's 5 months now) went to the splash pad and children's museum, ate popsicles, and watched fireworks. I am not the best at taking pictures or documenting our lives, but working in it. > Our family hopes you all had a great summer as well! One thing I am very excited about is the mild winters here in St. George. I think living up north for as long as we did, I always dreaded fall because I knew it lead to a very cold winter. Winter in St. George is lovely. I have nothing to complain about. One of my best memories of winter here, is looking out our kitchen window and seeing bare trees that seemed so open and inviting. When trees are covered in leaves, you almost feel you can't see inside the soul of a tree. But in Winter, I can see so much depth and personality of a tree. The long branches have a beautiful silhouette against a dark, grey sky that is amazing to capture. The lighting in fall and winter is also very warm and peaceful. Winter is also very quiet. There are no chirping birds as there are in spring/summer and people tend to draw closer together. Here's to fall leading to a happy winter.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)