10/13/2015

Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili & An Art Museum

Today we went to Main Street Art Museum. Sunny was so happy to see her grandma there. She has a few pieces there. My mom has done exceptionally well with her art. She has many for sale in the museum and has won numerous awards. We are all so proud of her.

Sunny must of inherited that love of the arts that is in our blood.  I love art myself,  and could walk museum after museum all day if I could. I am lucky to have seen some fascinating art museums on different tours out of state.  Art speaks to my soul. I used to stare at old art pictures as a child and lose myself in imagination.  All art tells a story. All that art must of worn this girl out because she fell asleep.
Now onto this goodness.
This is one of our favorite recipes and we seem to have it more this time of year. This chili, omit the beans, is so rich in fall flavors, is very hearty, and will leave you very satisfied. The hints of cinnamon,  pumpkin spice seasoning, and rich salty beef stock, just compliment each other so well.  And what better way to get those veggies without even feeling like you're eating them. 


Ingredients

1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes.
1/2 c. Chopped onion
1 1/4 c. Beef stock
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pound lean beef or turkey meat, ground
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Pumpkin spice seasoning
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
 Add everything except meat. Set on low for 4 to 6 hrs. It could take less. Once squash is done, then it's ready. I recommend you cook the meat separately, then throw it into crockpot last 10 minutes of cooking.
Enjoy with cheese, avocado, cilantro, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)