11/01/2015

Crockpot Chicken Red Chili & Ginger Tamari Sauce Over Jasmine Rice

                       Crockpot at its best


What a dingbat I was today. I woke up and got ready quickly so I could make it to church on time.  I always think of My Fair Lady when I can't get there when I'm supposed to.

It was 8:58 and I would be late again, or so I thought. As I was leaving, Rodney asked if I forgot to set my watch an hour behind.  I suppose this was meant to happen so I could make it to our ward choir practice.
Wow! What took me so long to get to practice. The Christmas music, the spirit.  I am hooked. All things happen for a reason.

Sunny and Rodney are both on the mend.

I came home from my mom's house later today and the house smelt soooo good. What was Rodney creating? I feel I should of been cooking for him, he's the one sick.  I love that guy! 


I sampled it and almost died.  Okay maybe I am a tad melodramatic when it comes to good food, but this is worth a try, whether you like asian inspired food or not.

Ingredients 

1 1/2  c. Cooked Jasmine rice ( I recommend you cook it in  chicken stock for optimal flavor. 

Sauce:
1/4 c. Tamari Sauce
1 Tbs Rice Vinager
1 Tbs Red Chili Sauce
1 Tbs Sugar
1 T sesame oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 onion diced
1 tsp ginger
1 large carrot, shredded or matchstick
1 large red or yellow pepper, diced

3 chicken tenderloins

Add everything to crockpot,  including raw chicken. Cook on high for 2 hours approximately. 

After it is cooked, add 1 T. Cornstarch to additional 1/4 c. Of chicken broth and mix in. Add to sauce and allow to simmer for about 10 more minutes. Chop chicken up or leave whole.

Pour over rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro or basil leaves.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)