10/31/2015

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween. It's our tradition to eat chili (butternut squash chili) go trick or treating, carve and light the pumpkins,   and watch Hocus Pocus.
Except not this year. Everyone in my house is sick, except me. Sunny and Rodney  are currently sick with some sort of bug.
I was so sad she had to be on Halloween. I had so many plans for us to go trick-or-treating and to dress her as a fairy. I have no idea where she picked it up, but we gave her some tylenol and she slept a lot, and cried. Poor thing!
I love handing out candy and socializing with my friendly neighborhood.  I got so many compliments on my orange door. And then came compliments on my hair. I love compliments, they did make my day!

 I am scheduling Sunny some speech therapy, so hopefully she can get going on that this month.  I would love for her to be able to communicate and tell me what she wants more effectively. I sense her frustration that she can't articulate the sentences she would like, so I hope speech therapy will be the answer to helping her.

How is it November already?  I want time to slow down a little. I love the Christmas season, but it comes and goes too quickly. We decided to get our tree up in about two weeks. Since we've been married, we have gotten our Christmas stuff out the second week of November. Another tradition.
We have a large fake tree we haven't set up in years, and we would love to enjoy it as long as possible.

I am a huge reindeer collector. There is about three of them I have seen in various stores that I want.  GAH!!

Today Rodney was a rock star in the kitchen. He actually always is.  He made about two dozen whole wheat flour tortillas and two batches of bread for the week. We haven't bought bread in a long time. Homemade is so much better.

Happy Halloween to one and all! What's your favorite candy? Mine is Three Muskateers and I end up eating it before the trick or treaters get it. They are addicting.

Don't get sick!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)