1/10/2016

Whole Foods Challenge

I don't usually set goals on Jan. 1. I set goals all the time. Sometimes I succeed, other times I fail. 

Usually my success is triggered from either a role model or a real desire to obtain something. 

Last week, my morning walking partner informed me she was on a 30 day detox diet or paleo diet.

I replied with, "Thee paleo diet!" Oh my gosh,  are you serious?. I did this same diet for 30 days about 3.5 years ago and felt amazing.

She's new to this diet and was only on day 2, but I informed her it is my favorite 30 day diet ever. EVER!!!

I've said it before and I will say it again. This diet will make you feel unbelievably good. How good?
1. Better then a runner's high?,  Yes!
2. Better then working out for an hour? Yes!
3. Better then those feel good pregnancy hormones? Yes!
4.  Better then chocolate, 
The list goes on.

I told my curious friend that she will soon find out what I'm talking about.

She later explained her husband was worried about her doing this diet while pregnant. I told her I did it 50 percent while I was expecting Sunny and how I felt like a hyperactive woman most days. The energy you feel is out of this world. And, the diet is full of nutrient rich foods.

Here is the thing. Some people think quinoa is a grain. Others think it's a seed. Grains are not allowed on the PD. But, seeds are. I love quinoa so much and I really think its more of a seed. When I saw an idea for greek quinoa bowls, I knew I needed to try this and join my friend on this diet for 30 days. You should too!!

Ingredients for Greek Quinoa Bowls


1 1/2 c. Cooked quinoa in chicken stock

Choice of raw fresh veggies, amount us your choice
Green olives
Baby A rugulla
Diced cucumber
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Feta cheese
Fresh parsley, mint, cilantro

Place quinoa in bowl and top quinoa with veggies.

Greek t zatziki sauce
1 Chopped cucumber
2 c. Plain greek yogurt
Salt pepper to taste
1 tsp. Dill
1 T. Lemon juice
Combine and drizzle over quinoa and veggies.

For Southwest bowls, add
Avocado
Corn
Black beans
Chicken or pulled pork





Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)