4/11/2016

Taco Bell Tostada's

Those exhausting weekday nights. The last thing most people want to think about is what to make for dinner.  I imagine how nice life with be if I had a fairy doing everything for me.  But then again, that is not what the gospel teaches us. We all are here on this earth to work. It's good for us.

Some days, it's more stressful then it should be. That is why there are some nights where having a can of beans, corn tortillas, and toppings on hand, makes for a pretty quick dinner to through together.

I remember when I started high school.  They had a Taco Bell in the cafeteria. I thought this was the next best thing in my life.  I remember my youth, and all the times I went to Taco Bell after a movie for a quick dinner. I never could get enough.

So Sophomore year, I had seminary right before lunch.  I sat in the back row. I remember never paying attention very well. Instead, I was drawing pictures of my lunch. Crazy isn't that? Lots of pictures of tostada's and burritos. Hey, it helped my stomach to stop growling.

Our seminary teacher was way cool, He let us leave for lunch about 5 minutes early. That is where I would run, not walk, to the cafeteria to be the first one in line for my Taco Bell fix.

So what did I end up getting?

It was always the same.  Tostada, maybe 3 of them, occassionally a bean burrito with a side of sour cream or chicken soft taco, and maybe a dozen Taco Bell mild sauce packets. I love that stuff, and I even discovered the mild sauce at the grocery store.

I would literally inhale the food. I was starving and growing and my metabolism was very fast. I din't gain a pound from this fatty food.

And remember, I am lactose intolerant, but back in high school, I didn't care. I put up with stomach aches and all the downfalls from dairy. It was worth it to me back then. So worth it!!

I know Taco Bell is crap food now, but it's still so good, right?

So, in making these beautiful tostadas, I remembered my days of Taco Bell.  It's kindof cool you can buy Taco Bell kits at the grocery store to really re-create that taste you love.
                                                             My staple food in high school


Easy Taco Bell Tostada

Corn tortilla's fried in oil until hard (or already prepared ones)
1 or more can of refried beans, heated up
sharp or mild cheddar
shredded ice-berg lettuce
chopped tomatos
Taco Bell Mild or Hot salsa

Spread beans on top of tostada, then add rest of topping.  Enjoy!



Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)