4/16/2016

Gender Reveal




When I was pregnant with Sunny, I thought I would find out, however, at my 20 week BIG ultrasound, they asked me if I wanted to know. Suddenly, I just couldn't find out.

Instead I asked them to write it down for me and place it in a sealed envelope. Rodney agreed to wait until I was ready.  I thought I would sneak a peak and look, but I never did. Not until I was 38 weeks.

I guess you can say I was very patient at that time. However,

This time I couldn't wait to find out.  On Thursday, I had a Dr. appt. I took Sunny with me.

  Anyway, I sat in the room and Sunny looked at the big TV and we decided to find out.

Here is what thoughts entered my mind.
For Boy: This would be different. I like the idea of having a son. Rodney really wants a boy bad. He wants to have a son to take to scouts and do all the guy stuff with.  Boys have a lot of energy usually, but I am used to that in Sunny. She is very much like a boy. She is extremely active, never can sit still for long, and loves to climb and play with cars and trains. I am used to this.  A boy could be great.  BUT:
That would mean I would have to get all new stuff. Everything I already have is for a girl. Would Sunny mind sharing a room with a boy? Oh, this is so minor in the gist of it all.  I would love a son, I think.

For Girl:  Sunny would enjoy a sister. They would be best friends and practice braiding each other's hair. They could share dolls, and clothes if they wanted, and a girl could get a lot of Sunny's handydowns. This would save a lot. Yes, I like the idea of another girl.

So as I imagined life with either gender, the tec asked me if I was ready.  I said Yes!

Drumroll.........................









Rodney really wanted a boy, and I wasn't sure how he would feel about another girl, but he is getting used to the idea of being the only guy around here.

I am thrilled, I was so excited I just wanted to shout it to the world.  Can't wait to meet our bundle of joy.



Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)