3/06/2017

Making Dreams Into A Reality

I remember when I was 29 and still unmarried thinking it may not ever happen. I can be quite pessimistic and at the time I was. I dated a lot but didn't find that spark.  I remember one particular night feeling more hopeless about ever finding Mr. Right then I ever had.

I ended up meeting Rodney exactly 3 weeks later, getting engaged less then 2 months later, and married 2 months after that.

If anyone ever told me it would happen,  I would of laughed.  Life has a way of surprising you and working out for the best. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us on his own timetable.

Paying tithing and fast offering has always. Been important to us in our marriage.  One of the traits I have always admired in Rodney is his strong desire to give. Whether it be to tithing, charity, or through service, Rodney is extremely dedicated.  He has been the example to me.

Another trait I admire about Rodney is his diligence at applying the prophets council into his own life.
Rodney has never used a credit card. He had zero debt when we were married.  He always worked hard and was able to pay for school himself. Almost 8 years into our marriage,  he still has never touched a credit card.

My dream was to live a debt free marriage and I am so proud to say that it's a reality for us.  I know i sound like a broken record because I mention this occassionally, but i want my kids who will read this ssomeday to follow in our footsteps.
 Sure there are temptations. Once in awhile we talk about how nice it would be to have a brand new spacious vehicle for our family, but then we disregard the idea because having no debt feels better then a car payment would.

We do face tempation often. We see nice things others have, but we decided we prefer to live minimal. In other words, we like increasing our savings account rather then spend it.  We decided one vacation a year was plenty.

I am so grateful for a man who teaches me through example.  This really is my dream turned reality.

In other news, today was rather chilly so we missed our nature walk.  But we did see friends at the gym and got our social fix today.

We also made homemade chocolate chip cookies and Applesauce, raisin and carrot muffins. Sunny loves to bake.


I cannot find my Easter decor stuff anywhere. Where on earth did I put it.?AAARG.  While looking, we found some tinkertoys and Sunny was able to build a ferris wheel with her dad.


And here is a picture from today. It was too windy so we didn't walk far.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)