2/23/2010

Creamy Avocado/Bean Dip


I got the idea for this on another food blog, but decided to add more beans/spices to it. I used 1 medium sized avocado, 1 can of garbonzo beans(chick peas), 1 can of white navy beans, 1 c. of herdez green salsa, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, and about 1 tsp. lime juice. I combined all into blender and puree/mashed until all combined and smooth. This dip came out so great. I love it with baked tortillas. This recipe makes enough for several meals. Can also be eaten with pita-pockets, with chips or on bread.

Tip of the day: Did you know that avocados are high in fat but contain cholestral friendly fat that is good for you. Also, did you know that to have a healthy PH balance, you need a healthy balance of alkaline rich foods in your body combined with acidic foods. Navy beans are extremly high in alkaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)